Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (53)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading.
Here's what you do:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two sentences from somewhere on that page
Share the title and author
Try not to include spoilers!

This week, I'm reading Tahereh Mafi's debut novel, Shatter Me, and I'm loving it. Here's a teaser for you:




I close my eyes and focus on breathing. "You can talk to me. Just don't touch me."

7 seconds of silence join the conversation. "Maybe I want to touch you."

There are 15,000 feelings of disbelief hole-punched in my heart. I'm tempted by recklessness, aching aching aching, desperate forever for what I can never have.



There's just something about this part that really caught my attention. Maybe it's just the feeling of shattering I felt for Juliette when Adam said this to her. I'm loving this book. It's constantly pulling on my heart strings, making it hurt. It's fabulous.

Feel free to share your teasers! I'd love to see what you're reading.

13 comments:

  1. This is such an incredible book! I was literally speechless for several days after reading this, it was so amazing. :) Perfect choice for your teaser...such a poignant moment for Juliette.

    Here's my Teaser!

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  2. great teaser. It sounds so sad.

    My TT

    Ning @ Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. I'm going to have to add this to my pile. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book is high on my to-read list. I really need to get on it already.

    Thanks for commenting on my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great teaser! I've heard of this book and it's my tbr list :D I hope you're enjoying it! Have a nice day!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I looooooooooved this book!!! *-*

    ReplyDelete
  7. I keep seeing this book. Great teaser. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This book is everywhere. I've got to read it. lol

    I'm new to your blog! It's great. I'm a new follower:)

    Here's mine:
    http://www.bookmarkyourthoughts.com/2012/06/teaser-tuesday-june-5th-2012.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome teaser from an awesome book! I just love Tahere's prose. The way Juliette calculates everything with numbers, and zomg the crossed out phrases! Love love love!
    Thanks for stopping by mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved this books so much! I cannot wait for the next one! Thank you for sharing such a beautiful teaser, and for stopping by my teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this gook on my shelf. I was just thinking about how I need to read it. Great teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohh, that is a great teaser! I would love to know what you think about the book when you're all done. : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great teaser! I so loved Shatter me. One of the best books I have read. I hope you did enjoy it.

    - Beckie @ Bittersweet Enchantment

    ReplyDelete