Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (48)





"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!





This week I'm waiting on two books, both of which are written by 2012 debut authors!



Incarnate by Jodi Meadows
Publication date: January 31, 2012

Synopsis:
NEWSOUL
Ana is new. For thousands of years in Range, a million souls have been reincarnated over and over, keeping their memories and experiences from previous lifetimes. When Ana was born, another soul vanished, and no one knows why.

NOSOUL
Even Ana’s own mother thinks she’s a nosoul, an omen of worse things to come, and has kept her away from society. To escape her seclusion and learn whether she’ll be reincarnated, Ana travels to the city of Heart, but its citizens are suspicious and afraid of what her presence means. When dragons and sylph attack the city, is Ana to blame?

HEART
Sam believes Ana’s new soul is good and worthwhile. When he stands up for her, their relationship blooms. But can he love someone who may live only once, and will Ana’s enemies—human and creature alike—let them be together? Ana needs to uncover the mistake that gave her someone else’s life, but will her quest threaten the peace of Heart and destroy the promise of reincarnation for all?

Jodi Meadows expertly weaves soul-deep romance, fantasy, and danger into an extraordinary tale of new life.


Why I want it: Debut Author. Awesome Cover. I've heard that Ana is a kickass heroine. And that Sam is adorable because he's so wise, but still young-looking.


The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker
Publication date: February 1, 2012

Synopsis:
3 years, 1 month, 1 week and 6 days since I’d seen daylight. One-fifth of my life. 98,409,602 seconds since the heavy, steel door had fallen shut and sealed us off from the world.

Sherry has lived with her family in a sealed bunker since things went wrong up above. But when they run out of food, Sherry and her dad must venture outside. There they find a world of devastation, desolation... and the Weepers: savage, mutant killers.

When Sherry's dad is snatched, she joins forces with gorgeous but troubled Joshua - an Avenger, determined to destroy the Weepers.

But can Sherry keep her family and Joshua safe, when his desire for vengeance threatens them all?


Why I want it: Debut Author again. Dystopian. I need to read some zombie books. And I love the idea of being stuck somewhere and venturing out to find something new.

What upcoming releases are you looking forward to?

10 comments:

  1. Both of these books are burning holes on my wishlist too. I'm a huge zombie fan too so The Other Life is just my kind of book. Great choices!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh!! THe OTher Life Sounds great!!

    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for Incarnate to come out. That cover is seriously GOR-geous!

    My WOW: http://thelittlebluepig.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-wow-2.html

    Angela @ The Little Blue Pig

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both sound like exciting reads.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday_18.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both great choices. Love Incarnate, but I haven't read the other one.
    Em
    My WoW post
    A Beautiful Madness

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG OMG OMG!!! These sound REALLY good :) I love the covers and the premises. Great picks!!! Can't wait to pick these up!!!!

    Jaskirat~SeeitORreadit

    Tempest and The Eternal One's Giveaway!


    ReplyDelete
  7. Great picks! I got Incarnate through Netgalley and loved it and I have The Other Life on my wishlist already.
    My WoW is: CHOSEN ONES.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Incarnate looks so good!!! I love the cover with the butterfly around her eyes. Great picks :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. There has been so much buzz around Incarnate, but I have heard mixed reviews of it. Still I am excited to read Incarnate.

    Check out my WOW: http://www.teenbookfanatics.com/2012/01/waiting-on-wednesday-44-kill-me-softly.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I doubt you planned this but I love how both covers have a butterfly on them.

    ReplyDelete