Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (38)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
DO NOT INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, so that you don't ruin the book for others)
Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR list is they like your teasers!

I got Beautiful Chaos, the third book in the Caster Chronicles by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl for Christmas, and that's the book I'm reading now! Here's my teaser from it:




Link pushed open the heavy stone door, and light flooded into the Tunnel. We were behind some old building, the door etched into the chipped brick. The air was thick and sticky with the distinct stench of beer and seat. "Where the hell are we?"




Beautiful Chaos is currently full of just that, chaos. There is some crazy stuff going on! Poor Ethan's world seems to falling apart around him. I really want to know what's going to happen because the situation in Gatlin seems pretty bleak right now.

Feel free to share links to your teasers. I'd love to see what you're reading!

4 comments:

  1. This is on my TBR, thanks for the great teaser:)

    Here's my Teaser Tuesday. Happy Reading! Jen @ A Reader's Journey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome teaser! I'm dying to read this! I just finished Beautiful Darkness 2 weeks ago and I cant wait to get my hands on Beautiful Chaos!

    My Teaser: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2012/01/teaser-tuesday-22.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  3. my tbr book! oh my.. and good tease

    Here's mine

    P/s I'm your new follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another beautifully written chapter in the Caster Chronicles series, but definitely not what I expected - in the best of ways, of course. The moment I thought I knew what was going on or what was going to happen, everything flipped into this twisted, chaotic scene where nothing was as I thought it was. Everything is possible in these books and the second you think you have it figured out, it slaps you in the face. The strongest and most powerful people buckle and the weakest change the fate of the disintegrating and burning world. You just never know what or who is going to happen...

    There are so many sub-plots in this book, but they effortlessly tie into the main story-line, always giving the reader some new angle. Whether it's Link and Rid, Saraphine and Abraham, the prophetic Mrs. Lincoln, or Amma and her bottle trees, there is always something to grab your attention - whether it's to laugh, cry, gasp in shock, or roll your eyes - you're never gonna get bored...

    ReplyDelete