Sunday, May 8, 2011

In My Mailbox (17)




In My Mailbox is a weekly meme that gives bloggers a chance to share what books they've received in the last week. It's hosted by The Story Siren and you can find out more info about it here.



I've been really busy and almost forgot about doing an IMM! But here it is for you lovely folks!

Bought:
The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King {Goodreads | Book Depository}

Gifted
The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong {Goodreads}
The Awakening by Kelley Armstrong {Goodreads}
The Reckoning by Kelley Armstrong {Goodreads}
(Buy all three from The Book Depository here)

I was at the bookstore with my friend the other day and was feeling like I hadn't bought any books in a long time, so decided to grab one that I've been wanting to read for a long time, but had never picked up yet. That's how I got THE DUST OF 100 DOGS. It looks awesome. There's pirates.

I may have mentioned in passing that I'm currently completing a placement in an elementary school for my program. Well last week, I noticed that my teacher had The Darkest Powers trilogy and I mentioned how I liked Kelley's writing but hadn't read her YA yet. So my teacher handed them over and said "Take them. I've read them already and probably won't read them again. Go ahead. Take them." Gahhhhh such an awesome woman. Can't wait to read them!

What did you get in your mailbox this week?

3 comments:

  1. Wow what a sweet lady!! You're going to really enjoy that series. I must admit though that I haven't read the last Darkest Powers book. I don't know why I have been so hesitant. Maybe I just don't want it to end. I don't know *shrug*

    I have been wanting to read that A.S King book, but never get around to it. I should try and get my hands on it. Who doesn't love pirates? :) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read The Darkest Powers series too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm waiting for the first DP book at my library. They all sound so good!!
    Here's my IMM post. Better late than never lol.

    ReplyDelete