Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday (21)





"Waiting on" Wednesday is a weekly meme, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that showcases upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!
I first heard about it from PageTurnersBlog.




My Waiting on Wednesday this week:
Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
Publication Date: May 23, 2011

Synopsis:
Maddie lives in a world where everything is done on the computer. Whether it’s to go to school or on a date, people don’t venture out of their home. There’s really no need. For the most part, Maddie’s okay with the solitary, digital life—until she meets Justin. Justin likes being with people. He enjoys the physical closeness of face-to-face interactions. People aren’t meant to be alone, he tells her.

Suddenly, Maddie feels something awakening inside her—a feeling that maybe there is a different, better way to live. But with society and her parents telling her otherwise, Maddie is going to have to learn to stand up for herself if she wants to change the path her life is taking.

In this not-so-brave new world, two young people struggle to carve out their own space.


This sounds like a really great debut. Not only is it a dystopian, but it’s about a world where people only communicate through technology, specifically the computer. Out of all the dystopians I’ve heard of, this one seems the most likely, and that’s kinda scary! I think it’ll make for a really great read, and maybe it’ll even be an eye opener. I can’t wait to read it.

What upcoming releases are you looking forward to this week?

8 comments:

  1. I've read awesome reviews for this one so I look forward to the release .. Great pick ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds GREAT! I love the cover. I agree that this story sounds the most likely of all the dystopians I've read...and that's a little scary in itself!

    Here's my WoW post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that I came across this. I didn't realize that I already have the ARC on my kindle. I didn't know that it sounded that good, but now I am gonna have to read it soon cause it sounds really good. Thanks for the great pick this week and for stopping by my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOO! This sounds fantastic! I am adding it to my goodreads right now! Love your blog! New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm adding this right now! Thanks for the post, or I might have missed it!

    Your blog's great! New follower.

    My WoW:
    http://yalitwit.blogspot.com/2011/04/waiting-on-wednesday-sweet-venom-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard of this one, sounds great though!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have put this book in my wishlist. I hope it wont stay in that list forever

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want this book too! It sounds soo good and the cover is epic!

    ReplyDelete