Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (4)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
DO NOT INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, so that you don't ruin the book for others)
Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR list is they like your teasers!

This week my teaser comes from Fractured: Happily Never After? 3 Tales by Joanna Karaplis. It’s a collection of three modern day retellings of fairytales: Snow White, Cinderella, and The Little Mermaid. My teaser comes from the first story, Snow White and the Seven Dorks:






“Hey, Snow,” Jason yells over the noise, passing me something. It’s a pill, small and innocent-looking, white with a tiny blood-red apple stamped on one side.





I chose this because it’s a really good example of how Joanna uses parts of the original fairytales in her retellings. She does the same sort of thing in the other stories as well. I actually just finished reading it tonight. It’s a quick read, only 119 pages, so I made it through pretty quickly. My favourite was definitely Swan Song because it evokes really strong emotions, but if you want to know more about the book and what I thought, head back here around the end of the week to see my full review.

Feel free to share links to your teasers! I’d love to see what you’re reading!

4 comments:

  1. Makes me think of the old "Fractured Fairy Tales" segments they used to have on "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show".

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely peeked my interest, love seeing how writers can rework fairy tales.

    My Tuesday Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice teaser, hope to see a review soon! Thanks for hopping by for Teaser Tuesday :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love fractured fairy tales. Thank you for sharing this teaser. I might have to add this to my TBR list. Thank you for hopping by my Teaser!

    ReplyDelete