Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Teaser Tuesday (3)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme, hosted by MizB of Should be Reading. Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
DO NOT INCLUDE SPOILERS (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away, so that you don't ruin the book for others)
Share the title and author so that other participants can add the book to their TBR list is they like your teasers!

I'm excited to be doing Teaser Tuesday this week, because it's for a book I'm absolutely flying through, regardless of the fact that I'm in my last week of classes. Here's my teaser from Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick:





I wanted to tell Vee everything that had happened after that moment, but as with Marcie, there were some things I couldn't explain to her. How was I supposed to tell her about the Nephil in the red shirt, or how he'd rammed a pool stick through the table?




Crescendo is the sequel to Hush, Hush (see my review here), about Nora and Patch and angels. I have to say I'm not enjoying this one as much as I did the first, but I absolutely loved the first, so I have high standards, I guess. I'm finding both Nora and Patch to be very frustrating and stubborn, and I think that they're just being dumb overall. I think the reason I'm flying through so fast is because I just want their childish games to be over and have everything be happy and cheery again. I'll have a review up in the next couple weeks, so make sure to check back for it!

Feel free to share links to your teasers! I'd love to see what you're reading.

3 comments:

  1. Putting a pool stick through the table certainly leaves an impression.

    My teaser is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds rather impressive!

    Please visit my own post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so fuuny, I was OK on Hush, Hush and LOVED Crescendo! But after I finished Crescendo, I decided I liked the first book better, too! My teaser is from Across the Universe, and I've got a Christmas giveaway, too!

    ReplyDelete