Saturday, December 11, 2010

2011 Debut Author Challenge

I've decided to give another reading challenge a go. I can tell you now that Fall Into Reading 2010 didn't go entirely as planned for me. The challenge isn't officially over until December 20, but I know I won't have it complete. I will be writing a post after that time (I might not get to it until after Christmas) as my wrap-up FIR2010 post. So keep your eyes on my blog for it, or watch my twitter feed!


This post is to let all of you know that I'm singing up for the 2011 Debut Author Challenge hosted by The Story Siren. The premise is that you read at least 12 young adult (YA) or middle grade (MG) debut author books throughout the year. You can read more if you want, but 12 is the minimum. If you are not sure, debut authors are authors who are releasing their first YA or MG novel. If you want to participate as well, or just learn more, you can get more details over here.

Here is my 2011 DAC list:
1. Haven by Kristi Cook
2. Bad Taste in Boys By Carrie Harris
3. Blood Magic by Tessa Gratton
4. Falling Under by Gwen Hayes
5. Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton
6. Die for Me by Amy Plum
7. Rival by Sara Bennett-Wealer
8. Entwined by Heather Dixon
9. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout
10. Timeless by Alexandra Monir
11. Wildefire by Karsten Knight
12. Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
13. Wither by Lauren DeStefano
14. Lost Voices by Sarah Porter

I've decided to go for 13 only because once I'd added my 12th, I started hearing a lot about Wither by Lauren DeStefano and decided I had to add it to my list. I may be adding books as the year goes on, but this is a pretty good start for me. A lot of these books look really good and I'm excited to read them. Make sure you click on the links above to go to their individual Goodreads pages to see what each of them is about.

***************

2011 has come and gone! Here is how I fared in the challenge:

1. Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton (review)
2. Haven by Kristi Cook (review)
3. Wither by Lauren DeStefano (review)
4. Die For Me by Amy Plum (review)
5. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini (review)
6. Wildefire by Karsten Knight (review)
7. Half-Blood by Jennifer L. Armentrout (review)
8. True Intentions by Lisa Kuehne (review)
9. Winterborne by Augusta Blythe (review)
10. Six Moon Summer by S.M. Reine (review)
11.
12.

I didn't complete it, but I had fun reading debut YA novels!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for joining the challenge!! happy reading and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. an awesome selection of books - I can't wait for amy plum's book!!

    i am a new follower

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I love debut authors. They seem ESPECIALLY good this year. ;)

    ReplyDelete